Like the last 3 years, Dr. Pradeep Chopra will lead the plunge for TCAPP in Newport, RI and we’ll be there to videotape Dr. Chopra and one of our TCAPP kids, Karen Richards, do the polar bear plunge in honor of TCAPP and all those that suffer from chronic pain conditions.
The Polar Bear Plunge is just a small insight into the lives of those living with chronic pain. It imitates sensations that hit your body in those with chronic pain: the ache, the coldness, and the numbness, as you enter the freezing waters and submerge followed by the tingling, prickling burning sensation that overtakes your body as your circulation returns. However, these are constant pain signs that our kids, teens and adults live with on a daily basis and their pain is much more magnified and, it never leaves them.
To support Dr. Chopra and Karen Richards do the Polar Bear Plunge in honor of all those with chronic pain conditions, you can do one of the following things:
Go to this link and make a donation in Honor of Dr. Chopra and Karen Richards doing the Plunge:
Do a plunge yourself in honor of TCAPP and get others to sponsor you. If you do this, please make sure to video your Polar Plunge and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for our Facebook Page and TCAPP Website.
TCAPP Plans for 2015
Although we are small, TCAPP has some great plans for 2015 and we are working hard to get funding and grants to accomplish the following :
- With RSDSA & US Pain Foundation, we have already committed to the first ever Pediatric Pain Camp. Thanks to Courageous Camp for Kids, children with chronic pain conditions will have the chance to go to camp for free and be normal kids for a week and hopefully, have some fun despite their pain. If you have a camper that is interested, follow this link for more information and how to register: http://www.tcapp.org/tcapp-news/2014/11/5/here-at-last-family-summer-camp-for-pediatric-pain-patients-free-of-charge
- Although the camp is free, we at TCAPP realize that many would love to go to camp but may still have trouble making it there. Therefore, we are working hard on getting sponsors and donations to “fund a family” where a travel stipend for an accepted camper may be offered based on financial need.
- TCAPP is working on getting funding or grant money for a private based message board system to connect all our wonderful specialists that deal with chronic pain. This message board system would allow EDS specialists to consult with RSD specialists and Mast Cell Specialists and Neurosurgeons, etc. The goal would be to connect some of these fabulous physicians out there that deal with complex chronic pain conditions (all sorts) and get them speaking to each other and sharing information in a secure, private environment. We as families know that with all these great minds sharing information, progress will be made.
- We are still interested and hoping to start a campaign to further fund a documentary or presentation on the life of the complex chronic pain family and the dangers encountered in today’s world: The dangers of misdiagnosis, the dangers of not being treated because one is too complex, and, the dangers of misdiagnosis or pushing for answers leading to false allegations of Medical Child Abuse.
- Finally, we hope to be able to once again hold our 3rd annual Think Tank in 2015.
It is important to remember that TCAPP can only accomplish all these great things with help. TCAPP is small and run by volunteers with big hearts. Our operation costs are 0.4% of our entire yearly budget and the rest goes to these projects and information provided to all of you. We always welcome monetary donations (and you may specify what you would like your donation to go to), but, we also welcome volunteers to help with all aspects of our operations. If you’re interested in volunteering, please email Pam at email@example.com and she will put you to work.
Have a Happy Holiday and Happy New Year!
Sue, Aurora & Pam